RNVDO is a national Iraqi non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting displaced, returning, host community, and refugee populations in Iraq and Syria. RNVDO staff includes over 100 local employees and 200 volunteers, as well as international staff supporting the national team to enhance program quality and build capacity to meet global standards of response and accountability. RNVDO’s head office is in Erbil, with field offices in Mosul, Baghdad, Jad’ah, and international offices in Syria, Sweden and France. RNVDO mission is meeting the needs of conflict-affected communities while integrating them into the community and fostering peaceful coexistence through protection and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the technical support to the fishpond owners/fish farmers in terms of fisheries management including training on fish seed/finger lings, fish feed and feeding practices.
- Take Lead on conducting Training Need Assessment (TNA) of Fish farmers
- Based on conducted TNA, prepare training calendar
- Conduct trainings based on the training calendar
- Provide hands on support to the fishpond owners on improved fish farm practices including fish seed (quality/species and quantity, fish feeds (quality and quantity) and other technical practices
- Write and share report based on the activities outlined above.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in a relevant field such as Agriculture with specialisation in Aquaculture (Fisheries)
- At least 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably livelihood related projects
- Proven capabilities in capacity building and hands technical support
- Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Arabic and English language skills are required.
- Excellent Training and hands on support skills
- Excellent report writing skill are required.
Interested and qualified candidates please apply at HR@rnvdo.org by indicating the position applied for in the subject line